The GW Police Department offers security services for events held on university property. The department reserves the right to refuse services based on need and circumstances.
- Any department or organization requesting security services will be charged an hourly rate for each officer to work an event. The standard rate is $53 per hour.
- There is a four-hour minimum charge per officer for security services.
- If the event is canceled or postponed without one business day notice prior to the start of the event, the department or individual will be charged for a minimum of four hours/officer requested.
- GWPD requires 7 business days notice to schedule security services for an event. The hourly charge will be $72.00 for requests that are received and honored with less than 7 business days notice.
- While every effort will be made to provide coverage in an emergency, it is unlikely that we will be able to staff an event with less than 4 business days notice.
- Oracle Alias: If you do not have an Oracle Alias, please email our Special Services Unit at [email protected] prior to completing/submitting your event request.
- Payment for security services must be completed through Google Forms with the numbers provided to GWPD on that form. Any exception to this must be specifically arranged and payment must occur prior to the event.
- GWPD must charge security services to account 59502. Please do not request services to be charged to another number. It cannot be done.
If you do not receive a response to your request within three business days, please email our Special Services Unit at [email protected] (or alternatively, call GWPD's main phone line 202-994-6110 and request to talk to a supervisor on duty.)