- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
You are responsible for securing your personal information. In addition, faculty and staff members are responsible for securing the information entrusted to them by the University. Use these tips to help you secure information appropriately.
- Protect your personal information. Do not provide it to anyone unless you know who you are dealing with.
- Never click a link in an email when an organization or business requests information. Type (never copy and paste) their URL into the directly into the address bar.
- Do not post information that you do not want others to know online or on social networking sites.
- When you have the option, use strong privacy settings on social networking sites.
- Check regularly for spyware or malware on your computer. Check for security updates and keep your virus protection software updated.
- Place secure passwords on your credit card, bank, phone, and online accounts
- Avoid using easily available personal information like your name, your birth date, etc...
- Strong passwords include a combination of capital and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. For example: iHav2dog$
- Passwords should be easily remembered by you, but they should have little association to your personal information.
- Do not share your account passwords with anyone, and do not write them down.
- Faculty and Staff members must be aware of GW policies related to information management